Do you want to travel abroad to Latin America and embrace a foreign culture? Do you want to make a positive impact on a family’s life in under resourced communities? Do you wish to learn gain a deeper understanding of environmental problems that affect nature and general health?
Environmental Brigades at UW offers students a unique week-long opportunity to get directly involved with the rural communities of Eastern Panama. Participants will learn about local environmental problems while experiencing first-hand the hard work that families have to put in their farms each year.
Activities that you will participate in:
· Building a small greenhouse
· Creating a waste collection site
· Physical labor on the farmland (clearing the land, planting seeds, making fertilizer etc.)
· Exploring nature with experienced environmentalists
· Play with the most adorable Panamanian babies
The trip will be during summer break: June 10 – 17
To apply, please fill out the application at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/mzorzino/146149
before 00:01 December 17, 2011.
Please visit us at ebatuw.webstarts.com
For more information about the trip please e-mail: email@example.com.
Milo Zorzino & Alp Asan
Co-presidents, EB 2011-2012