Teach For America has launched its 2012 application. The second deadline this year is on September 16th.
Use this link to see the application:https://www.teachforamerica.org/online/info/signUp.wbfl?_flowId=signUp-flow&_flowExecutionKey=e1s1
Of the 15.5 million children growing up in poverty, only 8% will ever graduate from college. That’s ~14 million children with dramatically limited life opportunities. Join the thousands of others working to combat this inequality and apply your undergraduate education in a meaningful way; make an immediate impact in the lives of children, their families, and their communities; and challenge yourself to develop new knowledge, skills, and perspectives to become a transformational leader. To start the application process, you only need to submit a resume and a 500 word essay.
* Full salary and benefits (http://www.teachforamerica.org/corps/finances/) ranging from $30,000-$52,000 (depending on region/cost of living) * Two year deferral/forbearance on loans
* AmeriCorps Education Award of $10,700 over two years
* Preferred living location, subject area, and grade level for all our teachers (TFA Seattle is now an option!)
* Graduate school and employer partnerships (http://www.teachforamerica.org/alumni/grad_school_partnerships.htm?schoolType=Business&schoolState=All%20states) * We accept ALL academic backgrounds and majors
Benefits of applying to this deadline:
* Increased chances at receiving preferred regional, subject, and grade level placement (though positions continue to remain open at our last deadline) * Acceptance and job notification by November (peace of mind!) * Receive full funding for transitional loans and grants (up to $6,000)