This email is to remind you of the upcoming December 1 deadline for two funded fellowship programs administered by CDS International. Please forward this information to any students or faculty who may be interested in these opportunities in Germany.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals fellowship (CBYX) offers 75 students and recent graduates the chance to immerse themselves in the German language and German culture for one year. CBYX is open to applicants in all career fields, though those in business, engineering, technical, vocational, scientific, and agricultural fields are preferred. Previous German language knowledge is not required, but is strongly preferred.
The CBYX program year consists of:
– 2 months of intensive German language instruction
– 4 months of classroom instruction at a German university or vocational school
– a 5-month internship with a German company or organization in the participant’s career field
– housing in homestays, shared-apartments, or student dorms for full immersion, plus a range of financial benefits
For more information on CBYX, and to apply online, visit www.cbyx.info.
The Baden-Württemberg Stipendium “Work Immersion Study Program” (WISP) is currently accepting applications from students at community colleges in the US, who would like to complete an internship in Germany during the upcoming summer. WISP is offered exclusively to students pursuing an associates degree at the time of application.
The WISP fellowship includes:
– one month of intensive German language training at the Carl Duisberg Centrum in Radolfzell
– a two-month (July-August) internship placement in a German company in the participant’s career field
– accommodations living in an apartment or with a German host, plus a range of financial benefits
WISP is funded by the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung. For more information on WISP, and to apply online, visit www.wispgermany.org