Welcome to the 2010-2011 academic year! This year the Undergraduate Aquatic and Fisheries club will be having two monthly events. As always this is a place for any Undergraduate – inside or outside of SAFS.
Come eat pizza and meet and greet your fellow fish friends next Friday, October 8th at 3:30pm on the Fisheries lawn! (weather allowing). Lin Murdock, our fabulous adviser, will be talking to us about SAFS at 4:30pm!
In the next week you will hopefully meet one or both of us: Sonia Albin or Sarah Hu. We are both Seniors in SAFS and will be making appearances in your classes this first week to introduce ourselves and the SURF club (Society for Undergraduate Resources in Fisheries).
To tickle your interest, here are a few events we have planned for the quarter:
1. Aquarium inside look with Senior Sean Luis- Sean is a scientific diver for the Aquarium and may be able to give us a backstage tour!
2. Underwater pumpkin carving, October 30th- Put your dive knife to good use!
3. Tour of a recycling plant- Because we’re all interested in conserving the environment!
4. Game nights- For those with a fierce competitive edge…
5. Movie nights- Because we have a plethora of marine science-y films available to us, from Finding Nemo to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
We look forward to meeting you!
Sarah Hu and Sonia Albin