- Are you interested in science and teaching/outreach?
- Are you considering a career that involves education?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to share your science expertise with elementary school students or the public at the Seattle Aquarium?
- Do you want to learn about current theory and research in science teaching and learning?
- Do you want to strengthen your ability to communicate science to non-scientists?
IF YOU ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ONE OR MORE OF THESE QUESTIONS CONSIDER TAKING THE ‘COMMUNICATING OCEAN SCIENCES’ (Ocean 592) COURSE THIS SPRING.
The course time commitment per week:
- -2.5 hours of in-class time/week (hands-on experience, discussion and lecture)
- -1.5 hours/week in an elementary school classroom or the Seattle Aquarium
- -1 reading/week
- -With a partner develop one 1 lesson for the classroom or 1 outreach activity for the Aquarium.
Please contact Tansy Clay or Raechel Waters (course instructors) at email@example.com with any questions.